Thursday, December 1, 2011

Desktop: Dec. 2, 2011: Polymer Scrap Goddesses

I am kind of amazed it is December. There is always an excitement that comes with December. It actually begins to grow in strength during the planning and process of Thanksgiving. It is ON! December 4th and 5th are mine and my son's birthdays, respectively. Sort of a "so it begins", meaning at any time it is convenient, it is time to begin the Christmas ritual. I complain but am lost if I don't get some of my December traditional routine fix. Tomorrow is a good day to bring up the trees. None too soon, either. Being Daddy's little girl, my birthday week was a good week to get find the freshest tree. And, currently, living surrounded by Gatlinburg"s Winterfest light extravaganza, numerous scene's of bears at play and work, etc. One is even of a bear's whiskey still. Did you know the mascot for the elementary school is a "hillbilly laying on the ground, against the tree, drunk"? Really. Essentially being neighbors with Dollywood where they pull out all the stops, it is truly a Christmas fairy land, we're already a couple weeks late! Mwaahahahah.
Another routine ingredient is having a new experiment, a new idea or a question that sketching just doesn't satisfy. Like Richard Dreyfus in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and the mountain he was obsessed with. Well, it happened. I started to look over all the bronze jewelry findings and beads I've been collecting to buy in to BNS/BNR treasuries over the Thanksgiving weekend for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I tried that method of promotion and I'm maybe breaking even for advertising. Now, I'm curious about hosting my own, with a team. But, I digress, I have put together a little collection of findings and have rediscovered my scrap goddesses. I made these in one sitting with the left-overs collection of canes...tiny ends. Here they are, staring back at me while I write this post. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Looks like you're having fun. Happy Birthday to you and to Jesse.
    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! My son's birthday is the 4th.

    ReplyDelete