Friday, August 3, 2012

Sewing in the Kitchen

What happened to July? Such a long story for such a short time. All is well and I have been working in my studio, delivering new work to galleries and staying cool. It has been a whole new heat experience this summer. I have been making bags with the batik and tie dye fabrics I have made throughout the years. I finally got the courage to use the antique silk and silver ribbons I bought in Eureka Springs, AR forty years ago. They were antique when I bought them, hence my caution.
I made eight new small bags and delivered those to the Live Life Love Life Gallery in Gatlinburg, TN. Unfortunately, I delivered them without taking a single picture! Unusual disconnect for me. I plan to take pictures of them in the gallery next delivery.
In the meantime, I am making similar bags only large enough for tablets, pads, nooks and kindles. I have been starting projects every where in my studio. Thinking holiday shopping season will arrive soon. It's always too soon for the holidays. Anyway, I have set up sewing in the kitchen to make these larger bags. So much for dinner at the table for awhile!

2 comments:

  1. They are very pretty and made very well, I keep my 1tb laptop external harddrive in my little one.

    ReplyDelete