Sunday, May 13, 2012

Button Swap Reveal

Finally managed to get a picture of both pouches.This has been quite a journey. All the buttons I received were way out of my comfort zone and color scheme. I had to let the buttons set awhile to let them simmer in my creative juices. I am happy with my projects and can't wait to begin visiting everyone's blog post today. First I have to finish my post!
Both beaded batik pouches are listed on Etsy today. I listed the remaining buttons I made for the challenge on Etsy as well. Here are those links. http://www.etsy.com/listing/99710153/beaded-batik-drawstring-pouch-vintage http://www.etsy.com/listing/99712493/beaded-batik-pouch-lined-with-card-woven?ref=v1_other_1 http://www.etsy.com/listing/99713877/polymer-clay-buttons?ref=v1_other_1 http://www.etsy.com/listing/99714351/polymer-clay-buttons?ref=v1_other_1 http://www.etsy.com/listing/99714555/polymer-clay-buttons?ref=v1_other_1 http://www.etsy.com/listing/99714694/polymer-clay-buttons?ref=v1_other_1 Participating Artists. Enjoy! Please, find the list of links here with our sponsor! http://www.sweetbeadstudio.com/?p=8748 Alice Peterson and Kim Bender Angie Blasingame and Billi R.S. Rothove Billi R.S. Rothove and Angie Blasingame Birgitta Lejonklou and Pam Farren Bonnie Coursolle and Tania Hagen Brenda Salzano and Hope Smitherman Cat Kerr and Heather Powers Cece Cornier and Jeannie Dukic Celeste Thurston and Christine Damm Christine Damm and Celeste Thurston Christine Stonefield and Dana James Cilla Watkins and Lori Bowring Michaud Cindy Wimmer and Mimi Gardner Cynthia Machata and Julia Johnson Cynthia Riggs and Lori Finney Dana James and Christine Stonefield Diana Ptaszynski and Erin Prais-Hintz Emma Thomas and Rebecca Anderson Erin Prais-Hintz and Diana Ptaszynski Erin Siegel and Sharon Borsavage Heather Powers and Cat Kerr Holly Westfall and Sally Russick Hope Smitherman and Brenda Salzano Jayne Capps and Kim Dworak Jeannie Dukic and Cece Cornier Jenna Meyers and Kristi Harrison Jenna Tomalka and Karen McKillip Jenny Davies Reazor and Sandi Volpe Julia Johnson and Cynthia Machata Kalaya Steede and Kylie Dickman Karen McKillip and Jenna Tomalka Karen Mitchell and Renetha Stanziano Karla Morgen and Mary Govaars Kay Thomerson and Shannon Chomanczuk Kim Ballor and Laurel Steven Kim Bender and Alice Peterson Kim Dworak and Jayne Capps Kim Roberts and Partner unable to participate at this time. Kristi Harrison and Jenna Meyers Kylie Dickman and Kalaya Steede Kym Hunter and Lynda Moseley Laurel Steven and Kim Ballor Linda Djokic and Patty Gasparino Line Labrecque and Teri Baskett Liz DeLuca and Lorelei Eurto Lorelei Eurto and Liz DeLuca Lori Anderson and Niky Sayers Lori Bowring Michaud and Cilla Watkins Lori Finney and Cynthia Riggs Lynda Moseley and Kym Hunter Marianna Boylan and Tracy Statler Mary Govaars and Karla Morgen Mary Harding and Stacie Florer Maureen Baranov and Tracy Bell Melissa Martin and Theresa Fosdick Michelle Hardy and Peggy Johnson Mimi Gardner and Cindy Wimmer Nicole Valentine Rimmer and Niki Meiners Niki Meiners and Nicole Valentine Rimmer Niky Sayers and Lori Anderson Pam Farren and Birgitta Lejonklou * Pam Ferarri and Stefanie Teufel (will share their reveal on a later date) Patty Gasparino and Linda Djokic Peggy Johnson and Michelle Hardy Rebecca Anderson and Emma Thomas Rebekah Payne and Sue Kennedy Renetha Stanziano and Karen Mitchell Rose Binoya and Shanti Johnson Sally Russick and Holly Westfall Sandi Volpe and Jenny Davies Reazor Shannon Chomanczuk and Kay Thomerson Shanti Johnson and Rose Binoya Sharon Borsavage and Erin Siegel Shirley Moore and Veralynne Malone Stacie Florer and Mary Harding * Stefanie Teufel and Pam Ferarri (will share their reveal on a later date) Sue Hamel and Terry Carter Sue Kennedy and Rebekah Payne Tania Hagen and Bonnie Coursolle Tania Spivey and Teresa Gagne Teresa Gagne and Tania Spivey Teri Baskett and Line Labrecque Terry Carter and Sue Hamel Theresa Fosdick and Melissa Martin Tracy Bell and Maureen Baranov Tracy Statler and Marianna Boylan Veralynne Malone and Shirley Moore

24 comments:

  1. Lovely creative use of the buttons - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billi, you really did a phenomenal job with your buttons! I wish I could see your projects up even closer because of that amazing beadwork that you included. These two bags are so beautiful - hand sewn and beadwork embellishments. I am SO impressed and love them both. I'm so glad you joined in on this challenge - it was so nice to see a project that was non-jewelry related (but still included beads!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Billi.

    I too like seeing non jewelry related creations - I run in jewelry circles and my creative brain gets stuck there. I am happy this challenge has introduced me to your blog.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bags! I especially love the little blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you used the buttons on your fabric pouches! Nice to see buttons being used for creative projects other than jewellery - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Really nice bags! I know you did a lot of work on them, they are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you used the beads. Nice deco for the bags. I really like the green one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Billi! I love what you did with the buttons. I too love the seed bead work, I have tried my hand at it a few times but not had the same success. Thanks for stretching outside your comfort zone, it made for some beautiful pieces.
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these are really beautiful!! The beadwork and batik patterns and colors..stunning!! Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the buttons! Those pouches are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pouches are gorgeous and unique. The colors are just beautiful, and the buttons add to their charm. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As with your partner, I was so excited to see the buttons used in something other than jewelry. I love your pouches! I am just beginning to learn to sew and I have enjoyed reading your posts throughout your design process.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice of colors. The buttons really accent those bags. I know if I need cute bags where to go! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great pouches!! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pouches! Clever idea. I think that the buttons are a nice touch to the design. Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that some people made things that are not jewelry! I just love looking at everything! I am on my second time around now so I can comment. I like challenges that get me out of my comfort zone, as long as we have enough time to ponder ideas (which we did on this challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the buttons that you received-- so pretty!!!

    Someone very special is going to love those bags <3 Thanks for sharing them with all of us!

    *~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bags are really pretty. The addition of the buttons really takes them to another level. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pouches, especially the green one. The button you used compliments it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Believe it or not, the bags were made for the buttons. The bags did not exist until after I received the buttons. I'm so glad you like them together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pouches, especially the blue one. Hard to believe they were out of the comfort zone for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What amazing things you did with your buttons-- so unique! The blue bag is my favorite-- your creativity is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice little bags...they work very well with the button embellishments. Love your beaded ribbon as well!

    ReplyDelete