Friday, October 7, 2011

Desktop 10/7/2011

I've been online twice before and didn't get anything done. Better make a plan before I go to bed. Well, I'll sure think about it. LOL I clayed all day with my polymer. I get so mesmerized by it I get totally zoned out. It's like coming up for air to post tonight.

Anyway, I've been experimenting with something I read about, making an aluminum foil armature to cover with polymer clay. I started with a 5" piece of aluminum foil and crumpled it up, burnishing it into a tight, smooth ball. I pierced the center with a tiny dowel and proceeded to lightly cover the surface with an evenly applied thin sheet of white polymer. And happily got out all the Christmas canes I made yesterday! Here are my first two armature beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment